A Message from our President.
Our First Challenge!!
Sign our On-line Petition!
We are calling on ALL teachers and ESPs, members and nonmembers, administrators, supervisors and directors to join together in a fight for the future of public school education funding. 70%of the Wicomico County Board of Education Budget is funded through STATE funding. Any reduction in funding could bring about a host of issues that could include pay freezes, lay-offs, increases in class size, reduction in MOI and much more. Please take a few moments to sign the on-line petition at: www.marylandeducators.org.
In conjunction with local associations, MSEA is launching radio and online petition campaigns to protect school funding. The goals of the radio and petition drive are:
- Change the narrative and expectations concerning the FY16 budget and make sure we have a positive message about the need to invest in our students, educators, and schools as part of a commitment to attract and keep families and businesses in Maryland. Our best resource is an educated workforce, and we must step up and do more for our schools.
- Build a coalition of members and allies who will push this message during this legislative session.
We need everyone’s help in getting the word out about the campaign and building support for this cause!
a. First and foremost, we need you to sign the petition.
- Then, we need you to share it. Share it through your social networks, emails, word of mouth, etc. Share it through your personal accounts. Help get the word out so that we can get at least 10,000 signatures on our online petition between now and the end of January.
Thank you for your support!!
WCEA NewsView All
- If you are a member of WCEA, there are two options for accessing ActionLine: 1-email email@example.com and request to receive digital rather than print ActionLine. Include your name, local (WCEA),...
- The WCEA ESP of the Year Award is designed to recognize outstanding individuals in an educational support position (Not Teachers) for their contribution and service to staff and students in...
There are no upcoming events at this time.